Category : Summer
In these hot summers you have a lot of options to enjoy, as you got a long holiday for your kids, so hang out is a must do. But what with this cruel sun, emitting fire on your head, gives you many problems. So we will discuss here the problems created by sun. Sunstroke, sun poisoning, sunburn and many other familiar words linked to these warm days.
The sun could be great, if it wouldn’t come with his problematic things. Kids wait for these long days to play unlimited. Swimming, outdoor sports, etc are some interesting things. Apart from this, getting enough sunlight is also suggested for a healthy body.
Being under sun is fun, it provides us Vitamin D, but too much can led to awful fallouts.
The main three monsters of this season are Heat stroke, Sun burn and Sun poisoning.
Excess of heat can cause a serious condition that is called heat stroke. It is an advanced stage of hypothermia, where body receives more heat than it can fritter away. Our body heat regulation system gets besieged and temperature ascends up to 106 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mostly the affected people are from those categories that do laborious activities like sight or sales work and exercises etc under the hot sun. Heat stroke needs an immediate cure otherwise condition gets worsen even it can lead to coma, loss of consciousness, fits etc. Here are some tips to get back to the normal.
Symptoms of Heatstoke
- Body temperature reaching 106 degrees Fahrenheit (41 degrees Celsius) or higher
- Rapid Pulse
- Red and itchy skin
- No Sweating
- Low and hasty breathing
Sun burn is another hit by direct exposure to sun. A sun burn looks like a red and flushed area, which makes the skin dry, itchy and painful. You should be careful because studies say that the successive Sun burn may result in skin cancer. Affected area skin by sunburn heals completely when the damaged skin shed off the body.
Always apply at least 30 SPF (sun protection factor) lotions before going in the sunlight. Avoid being under the mid-day sun.
In the case of sunburn avoid sun exposure, and cover that area to prevent additional violence of sun.
A cool shower bath can give you an instant relief from pain. A cool watered, dampened towel would be a better idea because its effects can last longer.
Many after-sun lotion and moisturizers are available in the market. Use of them on the damaged skin promotes rapid healing. Lotions containing alcohol and Benzocaine are a big no-no.
Have a healthy diet, and plenty of water. Make sure that you are sufficiently hydrated. Eight glasses of water is the recommended quantity by practitioners. Juicy fruits, citrus fruits and fruit smoothies are the other good options which can maintain nutritional as well as water balance of your body.
Avoid wearing synthetic and tights, because it can irritate your skin. Choose whatever, it should be Skin friendly.
Get a bag of ice. Put it on the burnt skin for 30 minutes.
Continue to apply moisturizer while the skin peels. Touching and breaking blisters can make your problem worse.
Keep yourself cool and stay safe on a hot day. Some basic cure and precaution can protect you from any pain and damage.
Sun poisoning term is used for severe case of sunburn. This burn is due to the direct exposure to the ultraviolet (uv) radiation, which inflames the skin. It is also divided into two types: polymorphous light eruption and solar urticaria.
Polymorphous light eruption (PMLE). This case is more common in women than men and at least one in ten Americans is affected by PMLE. It occurs in those people who come in exposed to intense sun to which they are not habitual. As if a person of northern climates spend her winters in tropical climate. The intensity of burn and tolerance depends person to person.
- Skin Rush
- Small bumps all over the body
- Dense clumps of bumps
Solar urticaria. The Symptoms of Solar urticaria may develop within minutes. Symptoms may include:
- Loss of Consciousness
- Raised area blisters
Signs and Symptoms of Sun Poisoning
It is not necessary that sunburn react immediately, it may affect you after some time and you wouldn’t have any idea. Redness and discomfort are the two main signs which alarm you first. If you have a light skin or fair hair, then it could be more problematic for you.
Recipe of home made remedies to beat the heat
- AM panna- A very old recipe, coming through grandmas to moms…..very yummy and magical!
You can make it at home within 30 minutes. First boil the little hard mangoes until they become soft. Keep them aside for five minutes to get cold. Now press them and pour out the loosen pulp in to the water, Add some mint leaves, salt or sugar. Your panna is ready. Daily intake of this panna can protect from any type of dehydration and sun strokes etc.
- Lemonade- A simple lemon juice with water can do wonders. It not only protects you, it also provides a good amount of vitamin-c.
- Onions- Onions are cooling foods and it helps body to release heat. Add raw onions in your salads or you can take them by mixing with vinegar to shed the body heat. A chopped and fried onion with cumin seeds is the best remedy to shield the heat stroke. You can take them before going out.
- Gooseberries are highly suggested to get rid of wobbly feeling because of a heat stroke.
- Tamarind- To release heat stroke fever, Tamarind is the best natural remedy. Boil it in some water, and pour out the decoration. Add sugar or salt to it according to your choice and drink it several times a day.
- Coriander-Coriander a good source of vitamin-C, is an incredible option to chill in the heat. Fresh coriander juice is helpful in beating heat. Put some sugar in it and have it twice a day.
- Alma- Rich is vitamin C Alma is also a super antioxidant.
- Buttermilk helps to shed off extra heat from the body. Add some salt to it, if you like. Consumption of it twice or thrice a day woks wonder. It is one of the best remedy, it also helps in other heat problems such as urination, and excessive thirst.
- Plums-Plums are another fruit that is useful in getting rid of heat stroke. Soak them in cold water for some time; now mash them in that water. This mixture is the best home-med to heal burning sensation.
- Drink rose syrup: It is also a good option to beat the heat. You can put some on your face too, it gives a refreshed feeling.