Category : Food
Despite the wealth of positive media coverage dark chocolate has received for its myriad of health benefits, we must be aware with the hazardous effect on human health.
Of course, there’s a dark side to everything. Chocolate contains large amounts of butter, sugar and cream, which can break your diet. Chocolate is the most famous sweet desserts which that everybody liked.
We all love to eat chocolate because it’s sweet, and it’s delicious, but most people, especially for girls, think that eating chocolate makes us fat and unhealthy, because most of the sweets, or food, the one that tasted good will most of the time bad for our health. at is not true Chocolate doesn’t have only bad side, it has a lot of good sides that we don’t know.
In chocolate there was one component which is a fatty acid that help eliminates fats in the bloodstream. These fats would usually oxidize the cholesterol and would leads to eventually lead to atherosclerosis, which is a storing in fatty stuff in the blood vessels. Scientist has proved this studies by having a volunteer to eat a chocolate and after the volunteer eat it, the scientist saw that the platelet or the cell fragments that doesn’t have nucleus, which dried the blood, where unlikely to stick together. Here Are Some of the Health Benefits of Chocolate:
- Help reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. Dark chocolate contains flavanols, which offer antioxidant properties. The antioxidants go after the free radicals in your system that can harm or damage healthy cells. They neutralize the free radicals to help keep cells healthy. Chocolate increases antioxidant levels in the blood.
- Help reduce bad cholesterol. Antioxidants come into play here as well. If you eat about an ounce of dark chocolate per day, you can possibly increase good cholesterol and stop bad cholesterol, LDL, from oxidizing.
- Help lower blood pressure. This is where cocoa phenols — phytochemical (also found in Help lower blood pressure. This is where cocoa phenols — phytochemical (also found in green tea and red wine) that contain plant-derived chemical antioxidants — work their magic. They can help increase blood ow and keep arteries clear. e darker the chocolate, the higher the impact. So go dark or go home.
Make you happy! Dark chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), an organic compound that has been associated with releasing endorphins and serotonin in the brain. is can give you a euphoric boost. PEA has also been said to possibly aid in weight loss by eating dark chocolate, but remember, eat just a little and don’t over- indulge. Chocolate contains phenyl ethylamine, a mild mood elevator.
- Men who eat chocolate regularly live on average one year longer than those who don’t.
- Give you vitamins. Dark chocolate is rich in vitamins and minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron, which can aid in preventing stroke, high blood pressure, heart disease and type-2 diabetes.
- Cacao, the source of chocolate, contains antibacterial agents that fight tooth decay. However, chocolate with a high sugar content will negate this benefit. Dark chocolate contains significantly higher amounts of cacao and lower amounts of sugar than white chocolate, making it more healthful.
- The smell of chocolate may increase theta brain waves, resulting in relaxation. The carbohydrates in chocolate raise serotonin levels in the brain, resulting in a sense of well-being.
Negative Side Effects of Chocolate
While chocolate may have a lot of good effects on consumer, it also has many negative side effects. It contains too many bad ingredients including sugar, milk fats, saturated fats, corn syrup, caffeine, chemical Tyra mine, oxalates and stearic acid. And while sugar may give energy, too much of it can cause tooth decay and gum disease if eating without regular and proper teeth brushing. Sugar plays a harmful role in tooth decay by providing the bacteria in your mouth with energy. Thee bacteria begin to multiply faster, and plaque begins to grow in size and thickness on your teeth. Bacteria can also use sugar as a type of glue to cling to your teeth, making it difficult to get rid of with just a toothbrush. Many researches about the effect of chocolate have been done and there are some project that supported by Chocolate company and sponsored studies often don’t get published if they don’t show positive results for a product.
Apart from sugar, caffeine is considered one of the worst ingredients in chocolate. Dark chocolates contain a higher amount of caffeine than milk chocolate, and this can be a ect your health. Too much ca eine may lead to hypertension, insomnia, anxiety, dehydration and inability to concentrate.