SUCCESS- THE DESIRE OF EVERYONE
Category : Nature & Life
To be successful is the desire of everyone. But unfortunately it is not taught in any School, College or University. Therefore, people do not have idea or clue, how to become successful. It is observed that definition of success is different for different people. For some success is –
- Lot of power
- Lot of money
- Lot of time with family
- Bunglow, Mercedes and high class lifestyle
- Charity/helping others etc.
The definition of success may be any of the above or anything else. But to be successful, the success must be defined. Once the success is defined, one needs to ask a question to himself, that what-so-ever I am doing, is it taking me towards success or not? The three basics which must be done to be successful are –
- To be in the right business at the right time.
- And also know that you are in a right business.
- To have a vision.
- To put in massive action.
These three things mentioned above, conjoined with the following traits, which have been found in every successful person, can also attribute to your success. Learn these traits carefully and you will find a change-
Top 10 Traits of Highly Successful People
- They work hard Yes, they play hard!They get up early, they rarely complain, they expect performance from others, but they expect extraordinary performance from themselves. Repeated, high-level success starts with a recognition that hard work pays off.
- They Incredibly curious and eager to learn.They study, ask questions and read – constantly! An interesting point, however: While most of them did well in school, the difference is that they apply or take advantage of what they learn. Repeated success is not about memorizing facts, it’s about being able to take information and create, build, or apply it in new and important ways. Successful people want to learn everything about everything!
- They network.They know lots of people,and they know lots of different kinds of people. They listen to friends, neighbors, co-workers and bartenders. They don’t have to be “the life of the party”, in fact many are quiet, even shy, but they value people and they value relationships. Successful people have a rolodex full of people who value their friendship and return their calls.
- They work on themselves and never quit! While the “over-night wonders” become arrogant and quickly disappear, really successful people work on their personality, their leadership skills, management skills, and every other detail of life. When a relationship or business deal goes sour, they assume they can learn from it and they expect to do better next time. Successful people don’t tolerate flaws; they fix them!
- They are extraordinary creative.They go asking, “Why not?” They see new combinations, new possibilities, new opportunities and challenges where others see problems or limitations. They wake up in the middle of the night yelling, “I’ve got it!” They ask for advice, try things out, consult experts and amateurs, always looking for a better, faster, cheaper solution. Successful people create stuff!
- They are self-relevant and take responsibility incredibly successful people don’t worry about blame, and they don’t waste time complaining. They make decisions and move on. Sometimes they are criticized for taking this to extremes – Jimmy Carter carried his own briefcase and a President “shouldn’t” do that! Extremely successful people take the initiative and accept the responsibilities of success.
- They are usually relaxed and keep their perspective.Even in times of stress or turmoil, highly successful people keep their balance, they know the value of timing, humor, and patience. They rarely panic or make decisions on impulse. Unusually successful people breath easily, ask the right questions, and make sound decisions, even in a crisis.
- Extremely successful people live in the present moment. They know that “Now” is the only time they can control. They have a “gift” for looking people in the eye, listening to what is being said, enjoying a meal or fine wine, music or playing with a child. They never seem rushed, and they get a lot done! They take full advantage of each day. Successful people don’t waste time, they use it!
- They “Look over the horizon” They observe trends, notice changes, see shifts,and hear the nuances that others miss. A basketball player wearing Nikes is trivial, the neighbor kid wearing them is interesting, your own teenager demanding them is an investment opportunity! Extremely successful people live in the present, with one eye on the future!
- Repeatedly successful people respond instantly!When an investment isn’t working out, they sell. When they see an opportunity, they make the call. If an important relationship is cooling down, they take time to renew it. When technology or a new competitor or a change in the economic situation requires an adjustment, they are the first and quickest to respond.
These traits work together in combination, giving repeatedly successful people a huge advantage. Because they are insatiable learners, they can respond wisely to change. Because their personal relationships are strong, they have good advisers, and a reserve of goodwill when things go bad. And finally, none of these traits are genetic! They can be learned! They are free and they are skills you can use. Start now!