Category : Health & Care
Insect bites produce swelling irritation and in some occasions an infection or poisoning as in the case of those of scorpions, tarantulas etc.Suggestion:
When it is a minor bite such as from an ant, a mosquito, a bee or a wasp, the best remedy is to:
- Squeeze the area a little in order to get out as much as possible of the substance injected by the insect.
- Apply ice to reduce inflammation.
- Apply a clay or mud pack on the bite it will absorb the poison while drying.
In case of a snake bite, check to see if it left two fang punctures or several teeth marks. If there are two punctures, the snake is poisonous and you should do the following:
- Remain motionless, quiet, and do not move the bitten part. Don’t walk.
- Tie a tourniquet or apply pressure (not too hard) above the bitten part. Loosen it a little every 20 minutes.
- Sterilize a sharp blade or knife with fire.
- Make a cut ½” length and ¼” in depth on each bite.
- Strongly suck wound and spit the poison out. Do this for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Half hours after the bite was received don’t suck any more.
Warning! Find a doctor immediately who can inject an anti-venom serum and something for tetanus.