Gray hair grows in many people once they reach certain age. It can however make you look older than you really are.
Interesting note: Hair can tell us a lot about nutrition, to the extent that you can know what a person generally was and what he ate or drank even hundreds of years after his death. Using advanced technology, forensic doctors utilize hair analysis to help discover if a person died of poisoning.
Symptoms: Gray hair on the body or head that begins to show little by little as a person ages. However, untimely graying of hair is a cause of concern.
Causes: Hair is made mostly of proteins. Within these proteins there is a substance that is responsible for the color or hair. It is called melanin. Melanin in dark hair is the same as that in blonde hair. It is the amount of melanin present that accounts for the different colors of hair. Dark hair has more melanin than lightly colored hair. With age and time the amount of melanin present in hair diminishes, giving way to the appearance of gray hair. When there is no melanin, the hair becomes white.
Some substances exist that, when combined with the proteins in the hair, can produce the same results that melanin produces (according to literature of the Combe Laboratories International, Ltd.)
However, the body can slow the effects of hair loss and graying if it has adequate nutrients. These nutrients can be absorbed directly by the hair, or through taking nutritional supplements. It is recommended that you take multivitamin in addition to taking multi-minerals and proteins.
The nutrients that your hair requires to shine and grow well are:
- Calcium pantothenate, pantothenic acid or vitaminB-5 : This element helps hair to assimilate and utilize copper.
- Copper: Lack of copper produces brittle, dry hair.
- Inositol & Choline: These elements help in hair growth according to nutritionist – Adele Davis.
- Vitamin B-12: Helps hair growth.
- PABA: Para-amino benzoic acid helps to maintain color and to keep the hair soft.
- Iodine: helps to keep the hair from falling out.
- Iron & Manganese: Helps hair growth and helps keep hair well – nourished through good blood circulation in the body.
- Niacin – Nicotinic acid helps in the circulation of the blood.
- Proteins & Amino acids: hair is made up of 98% proteins, however if the vitamins and minerals mentioned are not present, the body can not take advantage of these proteins.
- Zinc – Necessary to keep the hair strong.
- Cysteine & Glycerin: is also important for the hair growth.
It is recommended to use Satnique Hair Rejunating Mask, Satinque Hair Care and Satinique Shampoo to keep hair looking healthy and natural.