Category : Stomach
Dehydration is the dryness of the body in the internal organs as well as on the skin. Dehydrationis the cause of death of a great number of children.
Symptoms that appear are:
- Dry mouth
- Eyes without sparkle (dry) and sunken in
- Little urination and urine of a dark color
- Rapid weight loss
- Dry skin, brittle without elasticity; upon pinching the skin in the stomach and arm area it remains standing up for a moment.
- In new born babies, sunken-ness in the crown of the head
- Rapid and weak respiration and pulse
Causes: Dehydration presents itself, when a person loses more liquid than that which he takes in. the most frequent causes are diarrhea (especially in children), vomiting, excessive temperature (fever) and malnutrition.
By all means drink all types of liquids: juices, soups, water, etc. If there is diarrhea and vomiting, drink, from the beginning, many liquids or serums to prevent dehydration. Prepare one liter of boiled water and add few spoons of sugar or preferably honey. Also add ½ teaspoon of salt and, if you have it on hand, add a pinch of soda bicarbonate. Mix well until dissolved and give it to the person to drink several times an hour. In case of severe dehydration, contact physician.