Category : Digestive System
Constipation is the difficulty to defecate due to intestinal constipation.Symptoms: a desire to defecate, pain and intestinal discomfort, swelling in the abdomen, cramps and colic; in some cases up to several days without being able to defecate with grave harm and body poisoning. Constipation is one of the main causes of hemorrhoids and appendicitis, as well as acne and general intoxication of the body.
Causes: It is mainly caused by:
- A lack of fiber in the diet.
- A lack of fruits and vegetables.
- A lack of water.
- A lack of exercise.
- Pregnancy, stress and anxiety are other causes of constipation
A lack of fiber in the diet may cause:
- Obesity, Gout, Diabetes, kidney and gall bladder stones.
- Arterial hypertension, vascular-cerebral problems, varicose veins, pulmonary embolism.
- Appendicitis, intestinal constipation, diverticulum, hemorrhoids, colon cancer and colon ulcers.
- Tooth decay, pernicious anemia, multiple sclerosis.
In case of a severe constipation problem it will be necessary to administer an enema containing glycerin and other lubricating products (specially prepared formulated are sold in drugstores for this problem; ask for an enema, it comes in two sizes) or you can prepare a glycerin or one with water, cooking oil and lemon in order to defecate easily.
Constipation prevention: drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day (drink them before meals and never during or after meals it affects digestion). Also, eat plenty of food with higher fiber content or sprinkle some bran or meals (bran contains a lot of fiber). Eat one carrot a day (don’t forget to drink a lot of pure water). Exercise preferably before going to bed.