Colitis is the inflammation of the mucous membrane of the colon.
The symptoms are: Inflammation in the abdomen, diarrhea and the frequent need to defecate; fever in the abdomen. In some cases the excrement contains a little of blood.
The principle causes are: Nervousness, stress, poor eating habits, and a lack of fiber in foods. Also, an excess of alcohol, coffee and condiments.
- Consume lot of fiber, steamed rice and whole wheat, cooked apples, mashed potatoes, papaya and carrots.
- Follow a diet lower in fats. Fats and oil increase diarrhea that accompanies colitis.
- Lower stress. (See stress).
- Eliminate alcohol, coffee, condiments, and hot peppers from your diet. Consume a lot of lightly steamed vegetables.
- Take a lot of water especially if you suffer from a stomach ulcer in addition to colitis.
- Do a colon cleansing. (Enema and fast).
- Eat a little yogurt 2 times a week.
Warning! If there is blood in you stools, consult physician.