When you cut yourself, new cells are produced to replace those lost or eliminated. The reproduction of cells stops when the proper amount has been created. In addition, all cells of the body renew through a process of mutation in a given time. When the cells in a certain part of the body continue reproducing new cells uncontrollably and without any reason is what we call cancer. These cells often move to other parts of the body where they begin to reproduce again in an uncontrolled manner.
The DNA that is found in the nucleus of the cell is responsible for keeping the genetic code of cell growth and reproduction. When this code is influenced negatively by some external agent such as, free radicals, oxidation, smog, pollution, excessive sunlight, etc., it can cause a loss of control in the reproduction of cells. This results in uncontrolled growth of cells.The symptoms depend on the location of the development of the growth. However, most frequently they are: swelling in the form of lumps, whether external or internal that later produce pain and discomfort. This lump or tumor will affect and/or obstruct the passage of air if it is in the lungs, urine if it is in the urinary tract. It will obstruct gastrointestinal functions if it is in the intestine, stomach or colon, etc.
|Cancer occurs most often in the following:|
If cancer is caught in time there is a very good chance that it can be cured. For this reason, it is vital that you have regularcheckups with your physician.
Warning signs of Cancer(Cancer detected in time can be cured)
- Loss of weight with no apparent cause.
- An ulcer, sore or discoloration of the skin that continues without stopping for 3 weeks.
- Spot on the skin that grows, becomes irritated and bleeds.
- Frequent headaches.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Persistent hoarseness (throat).
- Cough with blood, difficulty breathing (lungs).
- Persistent abdominal pain (stomach).
- Change in the shape of the testicles.
- Blood in urine without pain (kidneys & bladder).
- Change in intestinal habits (going to the bathroom).
- Change in the shape of breasts (lumps).
- Blood or discharge from the nipples.
- Vaginal bleeding between menstrual cycles.
3 types of cancer exist:
a) Carcinomas, which affect principally the skin, mucous membranes and the glands.
Vitamins: A, B complex, Niacin, Folic acid, C, E. Minerals: Multi minerals, Potassium, Calcium, And Magnesium. Others: Coenzyme Q-10, L – Cysteine, L – Methionine, L – Taurine.
b) Leukemia, cancer of the blood.
Salmon Omega-3, Garlic Heart Care, Vitamin: B-complex, B12, C, E. Minerals: Copper, Iron, Zinc. Helpful: Apples, Broccoli.
c) Sarcomas & Lipo – sarcomas.
Sarcoma which affect the muscles, breast, connective tissue and the bones.
Lipo-sarcoma is a malignant tumor of the fatty tissue which usually develops in the abdomen. (Lipoma is benign tumor).
Vitamins: A, B-Complex, C, E. Salmon Omega-3, Minerals: Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Selenium. Others: Coenzyme Q-10.
The causes of cancer are not well known. Nevertheless, it is certain that the main reason of cancer is excessive oxidation at the cellular level. As the causes of increased oxidation are numerous it would be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. The main factors of increase cellular oxidation are already enumerated in Section-I of this book. In addition, there exists lot of evidence which suggest the influence of the mind, mood, and attitude on the formation of cancer. The following books are recommended.
“Anatomy of a Disease,” by Dr. Norman cousins of the University of California.
“Win the internal War,” by Dr Mark P. Friedlander, pub. Pax Mexico.
“The inner Physician,” by Steven Lock and Douglas Collgan, pub. Sudamericana.
“Love, Medicine & Miracles,” by Dr. Bernie S. Siegel, pub. Harper & Row.
Beside oxidation other factors which aid in causing cancer are –
- Inadequate nutrition. It has been clearly brought out in various researches that more than 60% cancer patients die of malnutrition and not the cancer. The human body is constructed, repaired and energized by ingredients found in food. A correct diet helps to re-establish the metabolic balance of cancer patients and thus make them well. We recommend reading the book, “Beating Cancer with Nutrition,” by Dr. Patrick Quillin, pub. The nutrition Time Press, Inc., “What your Doctor Doesn’t know about Nutritional Medicine May be Killing You” By Dr. Ray D. Strand.
- Lack of exercise. Another element which contributes to cancer is a lazy lifestyle and lack of exercise. Exercise improves the nervous system functions, stabilizes glucose, and detoxifies the lymphatic system by cleansing it of accumulated toxins. These elements cause the deterioration of the immune system and induce the cells to reproduce out of control.
The existing method of treating any type of cancer is either to remove the organ, which has cancerous cells or destroy the cancerous cells by chemo/radio therapy. The body is made of trillions of cells, which represent the powerhouses of the body. No medicine can differentiate between a cancerous and a non cancerous cell. Thus, we are killing friend and foe together. How can we win a war, where we kill our own soldiers? In chemo/radio therapy we slowly destroy the powerhouses of the body. That is the reason most of the cancer patients succumb to death, because of the organ failure due to the inability of the body to generate sufficient energy for its functioning and not because of cancer.
Once a person is detected of cancer the individual as well as the family start counting days. Everyone rushes to the hospital for treatment through surgery/chemo/radio because these are the best known methods of treatment for different types of cancer. People spend few lakhs in investigations and thereafter in treatment. The treatment of cancer through chemo/radio has severe implications as explained earlier. It is recommended that all persons detected with cancer must prepare their body prior to undergoing through surgery/chemo/radio therapy by taking organic food supplements alongwith a balanced wholesome diet. This process of preparing the body for the conventional treatment will require approximately 15-30 days. Most of the food supplements presently available in the market are in the shape of tablets/capsules but these should not be considered as medicines. These food supplements mainly strengthen your body and flush out the toxins. The therapeutic effect of the combination of these food supplements is yet to be proved. However, many cancer patients have immensely benefitted by taking combination of food supplements. Most of the people are unable to use these supplements because of lack of proper guidance and understanding. Some people also find the cost as the prohibitive factor because they compare it with the low cost chemically synthesized products available in the drug stores. People ignore the factor of side effects associated with the chemically synthesized products. Although the cost of these food supplements appears to be higher on the face of it but the results and benefits are tremendous.
The prestigious Dr. Patrick Quillin recommends strengthening the Immune System as one of the indispensable elements for combating cancer for which he suggests the following:
Eliminate that which blocks the immune system
- Eliminate the ingestion of toxic elements that contain lead, cadmium, and mercury (canned foods).
- Volatile organic chemicals such as pesticides or toxic industrial products (wash fruits and vegetables carefully).
- Eliminate sugar (refined).
- Fats like corn and soy oil.
- Eliminate worry and stress.
Promote that which helps the immune system
- Vitamins: A (Beta-Carotene), C, E, and B6.
- Minerals: Zinc, Chromium, Selenium.
- Co-enzyme Q-10, EPA and GLA.
- Amino Acids: Arguinine, Glutation.
- Herb extracts: Ginseng, Echinacea.
- Nutrients like: Yogurt, garlic, cabbage, green vegetables.
- Positive mental attitude and emotions, love, creative visualization.
Some people may get good results with chemotherapy against tumors but have very bad side-effects, like: hair loss nausea and vomiting, fatigue, sterility and damage to the kidneys and heart. The high quality food supplements and anti-oxidants can help to ease these problems.
When a person is exposed to radiation, it is very beneficial to apply Sunscreen Lotion to the radiated area and to drink some Health Drink which contains Aloe Vera & Safed Musli. In addition take high quality food supplements which can provide sufficient strength to the cells to rebuild the damaged tissues quickly.
To prevent cancer and help cure it, we suggest:
- Eating large amounts of garlic in addition to taking Protein Powder, Echinacea, Daily Multivitamin, Bio-C, Parselenium-E, Salmon Omega-3 and Garlic heart Care.
- Take Beta-carotene and vitamins C & E to neutralize free radicals.
- Take zinc, chromium and selenium.
- Eat a lot of organic fruits and raw vegetables, lower intake of red meats and animal fats.
- Eat 10 almonds daily.
- All anti-cancer diets should include large amounts of the following: organic – Whole grains, cauliflower, broccoli and apples.
- Lower the consumption of iron in foods, since excess iron blocks the macrophagocyte cells that help to repair damaged tissues and eliminate the virus, according to “The New England Journal of Medicine”.
- Detoxification therapy is advisable, through cleansing the colon and intestine with a coffee base enema for three consecutive days, as explained in “Detoxification of the Liver and Kidneys”, before starting the nutritional treatment that I suggest. If the person is weak, do the cleansing under the supervision of a physician.
- Eliminate junk food, canned foods, cold cuts, sugar (substitute bee honey or maple). Also, eliminate refined flour (use only whole grains) and saturated fats. Eliminate alcohol, coffee and black tea.
- You should entirely eliminate the consumption of animal proteins like pork and beef, substituting fresh fish. Lower your consumption of yogurt, milk and its derivatives, as well as peanuts (contain a lot of protein). Many patients improve on this type of diet.
- The ingestion of natural antibiotics like garlic, and Echinacea are very important because they strengthen the immune system.
When foods lack fiber, they remain in the colon for longer periods of time, increasing the risk of cancer in that area. In addition, excess fats cause the gall bladder to generate acids, these accumulated acids can lead to carcinogenic cancers. Studies done at the Cornell Medical Center of New York concluded that following a diet lower in fats and higher in fiber is the most important nutritional way to prevent colon cancer. The colon prefers fibers that move quickly. Insoluble fibers like those found in raw grains and carrots “fly” through the intestinal system carrying with them any toxic components in their path. The advantage of these fibers is that they minimize the time of contact of carcinogenic agents which can overrun the intestine. Other vegetables that contain anti-cancerous nutrients are: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, whole oats and alfalfa.
What to eat? A diet rich in nuts, whole grains, carrots, asparagus, apple juice, broccoli and cauliflower.
What to eliminate? Eliminate refined or white flour and sugar, as well as junk food and canned food.
Do not eat animal protein: never eat pork, hot dogs, smoked meats or peanuts (contain a lot of protein). Exercise daily.Consult your physician.
BREAST CANCER: This is the most common type of tumor in women, nevertheless it is possible to prevent if a woman practice self examination once a month. The prevention is in your hands:
Do self-examination once a month after 18 years of age.
First: inspect your breast while in front of a mirror. Lift arms over your head.
Second: Lower them to your waist, and then hang them at your side. Check to see if there are any irregularities in the form of the breast as well as in the skin.
Third: With fingers, firmly touch the armpits to detect any possible lumps. In the same way, palpate the breast, nipple and aureole.
Fourth: squeeze nipple with fingers to if there is any secretion.
If you detect or notice:
- A lump or ball in the armpit
- Pain in some part of the breast
- Irritation and itching in nipple.
- Secretion from nipple.
- Formation of scabs on nipple.
- Red or irritated breast.
- Breast with folds or indentation.
Any of these signs can be caused by a benign tumor (in 90% of the cases) or a cancerous tumor with a good probability or being treatable if it is discovered early.
- Abscesses. An infection in the breast.
- Cysts. A tumor of encapsulated liquid commonly formed in the milk ducts.
- Lymphomas. Small limp of fat. Affect the lymphatic system. Small lump formed by gland and fiber tissue.
- Lymphangitis. Inflammation of the lymph vessels.
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease. Small granule fibers that cause the breast to be hard and tense.
Warning! Cancer can be fatal if not treated in time. If you suspect a cancerous growth, see your physician immediately.